Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Happy Anniversary on July 10th


In about a week I will celebrate my 17th wedding anniversary to a wonderful man and now I sit here and think of the wonderful family that came about because of my husband, Mike.

Mike has given me so much love, respect, commitment, push, support and patience throughtout the 20 "sum" odd years we have known each other. I couldn't ask for a better husband or father to my children.

My daughter, now 16 and growing up faster than I can keep up with physically, emotionally, you name it, is my saving grace. She made a CD once with songs that touch her soul and the song that touched mine is "In My Daughter's Eyes" by Martina Mcbride. The words say so much; she is my soul and I can see it in her eyes. She is everything I want to be and more, I couldn't love or be more proud of this amazing girl. I am grateful for the moments I have with her.

My boys - they remind me of my youth. They go and go and keep going. Their energy, love, humor, and closeness to each other reminds me that I am blessed and can only look forward to spending my life watching them grow into men, men that will take care of their momma when she is old and ailing. :)

Kahil Gibran wrote that our children are not our children, they are the souls of tomorrow. He said we can strive to be like them but should not strive to make them like us. I am blessed to have these three children that remind me to strive to be kind instead of right, to be thankful instead of complaining and to simply laugh and smile at the world because it truly is that simple.

I love you Mike, Lexi and the boys. I am blessed beyond means to have them all in my life.

Love This Life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment